Friday, April 4, 2008

A lost opportunity

Well. I am a bit bummed today. I have been working on a job opportunity for about three weeks now. Just yesterday I overcame several concerns to be very excited about this chance, working in a home for disabled adults... until i heard the salary. 15,000 a year plus a room (which, since I am required to stay the night, is necessary for the job). I hardly could have thought that a full time job with 72 waking hours a week would pay so little. Honestly its below what I could accept to maintain my minimum monthly expenses. Even worse, they have no benefits at all... no insurances or retirement or anything. I have considered this all night, even living with nothing extra it does not meet my expenses (car, car ins, life ins, student loans, IRA, dog and gas).

Sigh. I know I would have loved it. I especially dislike my current job.

Perhaps after I decline and show the reasons I am declining, they will up the offer?

Yeah, I know. A very long shot.

1 comment:

Heather Marie said...

hey girl! how are things going? you still on a job hunt?? what about GRE & all that?? we definitely need to catch up. you are right, though, neither of us post on here much :) love you!!