Friday, January 25, 2008

A bad parent

Today, I felt like a bad parent, and I dont even have kids!!

My puppy, Mykah, and I woke up late. I was feeling pretty rushed and so I fed her and went to get ready. She got into that crouch that only dogs do; you know... front paws lying on the ground, butt up in the air, tail wagging like a whip. She was ready to play, and I ignored her. Ive done it before. Today though I thought about it and felt like one of those parents whose "kid" is pleading for attention and the parent doesnt even notice!! It was so easy to not even notice because I was so wrapped up in myself and my need to go to work (and be twenty minutes early like always). Ugh.

I thought about it, I decided that stay-at-home parents have all the breaks. They never have to rush off to work. I have thought of many different things that I would love to do with my life, but being a stay at home parent is on the top of my list. My mom stayed home with my sisters and I when we were younger and it was a sacrifice for the family, but i think it was worth it. I love my mom and I am glad for the active role she had in our lives. I hope someday I will be able to do that for my own kids, to get to know them and understand them and help them grow up the way they should go. Its a sacrifice, its almost impossible in this day and age (most families need two incomes)... but I guess we shall someday see...

My moral. Play with the dog.

No comments: