Sunday, January 27, 2008

My weekend in a nutshell

I was exhausted!! Who would have thought that leafblowing would be so tiring! Yesterday I was working at our house on Signal Mountain. We have a backpack style leafblower, and so I was wearing it and just waving the "arm" around to move the leaves. I guess the arm just weighs about 10 or so pounds, but after a long day it seems like it weighs much more than that. I went through two full tanks of fuel in the 5.5 hours I was working (on the leaves) and still only did half of the work!! We have a big yard apparently. I went to sleep at ten because I was so beat!!

Today, it was very scary!! I dont know how many kids any of you have tried to run over, but this was my first one. I was parking my car at church for choir rehersal. I back in then because there are never very many cars around and it makes it easier to pull out later when I am ready to leave. Anyway, there was NO ONE on that side of the parking lot at all when I set myself to back up. I was starting the turn and watching my drivers mirror and the family who was standing in front of my car (the opposite direction from where I was backing)... and then all the sudden the family starts screaming!! Scared me half to death and then in my mirror I see this kid FLY past on a scooter. Now I dont know whose fault that was, I dont think it was mine because I did look and he was not there... but I feel HORRIBLE. Partly because it was at my chruch so I knew the family.. and now I feel like they are glaring at me being like "idiot, almost run over my kid". Still, the kid was not the brightest crayon in the box... he was going pretty fast on that scooter and a car with lights and reverse lights is kinda hard to miss... GAH!!!

So that has been my exciting weekend.

No comments: